Re: [linux-audio-user] Favorite way to use Jamin?

From: Sampo Savolainen <v2@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Dec 22 2005 - 10:01:35 EET

Quoting Lee Revell <rlrevell@email-addr-hidden-job.com>:

> No released version of Audacity supports JACK, last time I checked you
> need the CVS version.

As far as I know, Audacity uses portaudio for routing audio to/from
audacity. This means that Audacity will automatically support JACK if it's
compiled against a proper version of portaudio. The problem is that the
current stable release V18.1 doesn't support JACK. So you need to get the
V19 development version.

So yes, Audacity doesn't support JACK. :)
.. But it does use JACK as long as you have built it againsta a
newer-than-stable version of portaudio.

 Sampo