Re: [linux-audio-user] FOLKS, PAY ATTENTION TO NOTEEDIT, the score editor!

From: tim hall <tech@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Dec 22 2005 - 19:14:07 EET

On Wednesday 21 December 2005 05:12, Rob was like:
> However, I recognize that I am not like most musicians.  Since no
> one else here is either, I felt someone needed to stick up for
> them.

Yeah, I always stick up for my imaginary friends too. ;)

> So many people seem to wonder why more musicians aren't
> using Linux.... the "use the command line, it's better"
> mentality is one of them.  Most musicians and many recording
> engineers are going to think something's gone horribly wrong if
> they see a command line.

That's because they're used to Windows which has a completely broken command
line. I've been using Linux for three years, coming from an entirely Windows
background and frankly the CLI interface in Linux seemed like a huge step
forward to me and was something that attracted me to the platform - as an
ordinary musician who was interested in learning programming. Do you honestly
_know_ any 'ordinary' creative people? Contradiction in terms IMO. :)

--
cheers,
tim hall