Re: [linux-audio-user] Terratec cards ?

From: John Anderson <ardour@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Dec 23 2005 - 08:49:49 EET

On Thu, 2005-12-22 at 09:27 -0500, Dave Phillips wrote:
> I've been trolling eBay for deals on gear, and I noticed that some
> Terratec cards are available for low prices. The specs on the EWS88
> cards look pretty good, but I thought I'd check with the folks on this
> list to see if anyone had an opinion on this hardware.
>
> So, anyone have any opinions on the Terratec cards ?

I have an EWS88MT, works well. I've had it for about 3 years now, and
it's my first good soundcard so I have no baseline for the sound
quality, although I'm happy with it.

I only use the analog IO, haven't tried s/pdif and midi. There are
settings in envy24control for s/pdif.

I have to bump the pci latency up to f0 to avoid xruns, but I suspect
that has more to do with the VGA controller than the sound card.

bye
John