[linux-audio-user] Re: Recording FM Radio Card

From: Kenneth Jacker <khj@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Dec 28 2005 - 17:47:34 EET

  fbar> Use "radio" to tune in the channel you want to record, then
  fbar> use "ecasound" to record directly to ogg/mp3, all this can be
  fbar> controlled by a cronjob.

I finally had time to try your suggestion ...

Among other commands, I used the following after first "turning on"
the radio:

     % ecasound -i:alsa -o radio.wav

This produced a file containing constant values (== silence when
played with 'xmms'). My hunch is I've not specified the correct ALSA
"device".

I checked some of the ALSA docs, the output of 'dmesg', and looked
around within 'alsamixergui', but don't really know what to do.

Note that the output of the radio/tv card is connected with a wire to
the (line?) input of the SBL! audio card.

Thanks for the help!

  -Kenneth