Re: [linux-audio-user] QJackCtl window position consistency?

From: Rui Nuno Capela <rncbc@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Dec 30 2005 - 01:25:45 EET

pirrone wrote:
>> Rick Wright wrote:

>>> Thanks, Frank.
>>>
>>> That would be the expected behavior, just not what I'm seeing.....
>>> I'm using the latest version of QJC: 0.2.19a.
>>>
>>> Rick
>> I understand that Rick. If I get a chance later I'll try the version
>> you are using. What we now know is there is either a difference in
>> behavior from x.15 to x.19a or there is an interaction between the way
>> the program manages windows and your wm/desktop resulting in those
>> inconsistencies.
>>
>> Frank
>>
> OK Rick, did the upgrade and the behavior is the same. Open app, open
> windows with buttons, toggle windows with buttons, close app with
> windows open, close app with windows toggled off - all result in the
> windows being right where they were left.

This is one example I can remember that one window will NOT remember its
position:

1. move the window from position P0 to P1.
2. close that window with the dreaded [X] WM button.
3. quit application.

Thats it, when you later relaunch QJC, the subject window will surely
reappear on the older P0 position, instead of that last P1 which is
bluntly forgotten.

This is old and "stable" behavior ;) and any suggestion on working
around it is therefore welcome. Patches' even better :))

Bye now.

--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela
rncbc@email-addr-hidden