Re: [linux-audio-user] maudio 1814

From: Paul Davis <paul@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jan 03 2006 - 08:27:33 EET

On Mon, 2006-01-02 at 21:59 -0800, Noah Roberts wrote:
> On 1/2/06, Paul Davis <paul@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> > On Mon, 2006-01-02 at 21:22 -0800, Noah Roberts wrote:
> > > Does anyone know if the maudio firewire soundcard with model # 1814
> > > works in Linux? They have them at the local music store and they look
> > > decent.
> >
> > for the umpteenth time: there are no working firewire audio devices
> > usable on linux at this time unless you want to experiment with the
> > still very alpha-esque freebob project.
>
> That's news to me....people have been using the edirol fa101 from what
> I understand. At any rate I don't see why you have to be rude about
> it.

sorry, i wasn't trying to be rude. its just that its a very frustrating
situation, and a quick google for "linux audio firewire" will reveal the
situation in all its gory details.

yes, people are using various BeBob (BridgeCo DM1000 chipset-based)
devices, but they are almost all very skilled and experienced linux
users who do not mind messing about with alpha-level software. if you're
such a person, you could consider trying out the m-audio 1814, but you
should first check that it uses the DM1000 chipset because otherwise,
you will be totally out of luck. The new DICE chipsets are starting to
appear in street products and these will not (AFAIK) work with freebob).

--p