Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: A bit of homemade music

From: Steve D <groups@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jan 05 2006 - 08:20:03 EET

On Wed, Jan 04, 2006 at 02:46:44PM -0500, Aaron Phillips wrote:
> I was wondering, Steve, if you have a link to theinformation
> about mastering you are referring to here.

Sure. ;-) Here are a few links you might enjoy:

http://www.djcj.org/LAU/quicktoots/toots/Loudness/
http://jamin.sourceforge.net/en/tutorial.html
http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/feb04/articles/mirrorimage.htm

> BTW, The new piece is
> excellent. I am a fan of the Doonan music,especially
> http://www.xscd.com/pub/music/audio/ogg/thorsten-wilms-and-steve-doonan_this-and-that.ogg

Ahh-- Thank you. ;-) Thorstens great percussion track was both inspiring
and a challenge to work with. I enjoyed it very much, although it placed
a restriction on my creativity because there were some melodic and
harmonic elements already in place on that track (it was just a single
track). So, I had to try to think of additional harmony and melody that
fit in, somehow, with the existing non-percussion elements of Thorsten's
piece. It stretched my abilities, but it was a lot of fun. I wish I had
Thorsten's talent with percussion--

Best wishes,

Steve D
New Mexico, US

Politics is the stomping ground where personal ambition and
greed parade around as altruistic service. -Eli Khamarov