Re: [linux-audio-user] Debian 2.6.14 alsa problems

From: Nigel Henry <cave.dnb@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jan 06 2006 - 20:20:13 EET

On Friday 06 January 2006 17:16, Tim Howard wrote:

> > > I have loaded the same soundfont that I use under Windoze, and all the
> > > instruments show up in Rosegarden... But still no sound.
>
> OK, I did a "cat /proc/asound/card0/wavetableD1" and discovered that
> the soundfont wasn't actually loading! I hadn't installed the package
> containing sfxload, so my call to it was failing, and I didn't realize
> it... Bingo, now it works!
>
> > > It's
> > > probably something ridiculously simple, since I'm new to this...
> >
> > S'ok. You're right that it usually is something simple, but it
> > never seems that way until *after* the problem is solved, when
> > it's easy to call it that!
>
> <g> Yep, it was ridiculously simple... Thanks for the help!

Hi Tim. Could you verify something? I only use my Audigy2 soundcard, and have
the onboard card disabled with the jumpers on the MOBO. Do you still have
your onboard card enabled? If so, and you're now able to play midi files, the
fact that Laura still has her onboard card enabled, has nothing to do with
her inability to play midi files.

Glad you got yours working. Nigel.