Re: [linux-audio-user] Complete Linux Audio System

From: Forest Bond <forest@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jan 07 2006 - 23:56:46 EET

> I would like to buy (yes I did say buy) a reasonably complete Linux
> based music development/recording system. I really don't have either
> the time or skills to build this up myself, I barely have enough
> free time for my real interest - music.
>
> I've tried Rosegarden and like it very much so I guess this would be
> the heart of the system. It seems to be very popular. Beyond that, well
> does anyone know of a company or individual that puts these systems
> together?

http://www.ferventsoftware.co.uk

A bootable/installable CD based on Knoppix, put together by the core
Rosegarden developers. It "just works" (for the most part)...Knoppix is
a hassle to make changes to (it's basically a partially broken version
of Debian), but Studio To Go! works like a charm.

-Forest