Re: [linux-audio-user] Complete Linux Audio System

From: Paul Davis <paul@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jan 10 2006 - 22:22:56 EET

> > http://www.linuxaudiosystems.com/
> >
> > c.
> > www.cesaremarilungo.com
>
> I had a look at this site but there seems to be very little information
> on it. Is this a new company starting up?

err, not exactly. "we" are the "company" that wrote Ardour, developed
the initial version of JACK, wrote device drivers for the RME Hammerfall
and HDSP devices, etc, etc.

at one point, selling complete systems was a planned strategy for
raising money to support software development. at this point in time,
its not something i'm tremendously interested in doing, most because
Fernando has done such a great job with PlanetCCRMA that its hardly
worth paying me to do what i would do.

i'd still be willing to build you a system or configure hardware that
you ship to me, for an extra US$400 on top of the h/w cost. slightly
more information at http://ardour.org/money.php.

one of these days, i'd really better put some time into that website.

--p