Re: [linux-audio-user] breaking up large files?

From: Dan Stromberg <strombrg@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jan 11 2006 - 06:10:08 EET

On Tue, 2006-01-10 at 23:18 +0000, cdr wrote:
> > What's your favorite GUI app for breaking up large audio files?
> >
> > What's your favorite scriptable command line app for breaking up large
> > audio files?
>
> although i havent used it, i'm going to guess that ecawave/ecasound
> would be perfect for this. another one is sox, and yet another is the
> afsp series of utilities..

I checked out:

1) ecawave - seems no longer supported
2) sox - the manual page doesn't seem to have anything about splitting?
3) afsp - seems the top google hits are dead links

I didn't look into the relationship between ecawave and ecasound - is
ecasound perhaps a maintained version of ecawave?

Anyway, I built a copy of audacity, which seemed fine for splitting a
file into two parts, but it'd still be nice to have some sort of program
that can automatically split an 8 hour recording into CD-sized chunks.

Thanks!