Re: [linux-audio-user] recording jack input

From: tim hall <tech@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jan 11 2006 - 18:02:54 EET

On Wednesday 11 January 2006 15:13, Steve Harris was like:
> On Wed, Jan 11, 2006 at 03:02:40PM +0000, tim hall wrote:
> > My main reason for using timemachine is because it's on the menu and it
> > works, I confess. The one limitation is that mostly I want the captures
> > to be easily time-synched i.e start at 00:00:0000 and end at nn:nn:nnnn
> > as audio dumps from Ardour and Hydrogen do by default. I've kind of
> > assume that timemachine wasn't really built for this, so haven't bothered
> > to look too hard.
>
> What does start at 00:00:0000 mean? I originally intended timemachine to
> be a simple recorder, that had the option to do the pre-record thing, but
> I never got round to adding a control to turn it off, and noone ever asked
> for it.

Sorry, Steve. That was a bit vague.

Basically I want the recording to start at Bar 1 and end precisely at the end
of the last bar. I simply assumed timemachine wasn't intended to do that. So
timemachine would need to sync to, say, Rosegarden via Jackd. Play is
triggered by the big red button and stop is triggered by the end of the last
bar.

Can I make a feature request?-)

--
cheers,