Re: [linux-audio-user] Next question re midi

From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jan 13 2006 - 04:22:14 EET

On 1/12/06, M P Smoak <smoak@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> On Thursday 12 January 2006 21:13, Mark Knecht wrote:
> >
> > > By the way, could you comment on my recent question on
> > > tuning a midi keyboard?
> >
> > Rosegarden?
> > Muse?
> >
> > - Mark
>
> I need to run a sequencer to tune? Doesn't that seem a bit odd?

Sorry - I didn't think I was responding to that question as much as to
your comment about playing MIDI. Can you not tune the keyboard/synth
in it's own domain? Why use MIDI at all? Or is this a sound module? If
so you need either a keyboard driving it directly or a sequencer
making it play notes.

I hope I'm not misunderstanding your need here. I didn't pay attention
to the earliest part of this thread.

Cheers,
Mark