Re: [linux-audio-user] Next question re midi

From: M P Smoak <smoak@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jan 13 2006 - 05:35:17 EET

On Thursday 12 January 2006 22:10, Lee Revell wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-01-12 at 22:08 -0500, M P Smoak wrote:

> > > If you have kde installed, take a look at kmid.

> > > Its probably more accurate than the piano tuners tuning
> > > forks if its had any fine tuning done reset back to no
> > > corrections. The crystals used as the reference generators
> > > are typically better than .001% accurate and you can tune
> > > the piano/whatever to the keyboard with good confidence
> > > that you are at least as correct as the tuning fork the
> > > piano tuner used to use.
> >
> > Please see my post on 2006-01-10 subject Midi tuning
> > control. Thanks.
>
> Did you not see Tim Hall's response?
>
> Lee

Yes, and I'm trying to compose a reply; briefly I don't need
microtuning for special scales. I need a tuning slider. Is that
so much to ask. And I don't prefer to run a sequencer or soft
synth to get it.

Thanks for you interest; I'm a bit po'ed about life-in-general
tonight and a bit into the scotch. But I do think I'm needing
things that a musician/desktop user needs. Players, tuners don't
seem like rocket science to me.

Again thanks. (ps I'm getting an audigiy card and upgrading to
planetccrma/fc? "some time soon" (so say the guy who's helping me
with the new machine)