Re: [linux-audio-user] WINE and MIDI

From: Tommi Sakari Uimonen <tuimonen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jan 13 2006 - 13:06:32 EET

> How can I get my WINE applications to see my alsa MIDI ports?
>
> I have read some reports of people using Band-in-a-Box and Jammer with
> WINE, with varied success. I wanted to try using several of my Windows
> MIDI apps (Jammer, OneManBand, some synth editors) under WINE, but when
> I am able to get the application to work, it says there are no MIDI
> devices available, except the MIDI mapper for output, which seems to do
> nothing for me. How can I get these applications to see a MIDI input
> and MIDI output port that I can route to somewhere useful?

Just yesterday I successfully used BuzzTracker with midi output to
ZynAddSubFx. Nothing shiny though, most of the events were lost although
the timing was accurate, ie. no shuffle.

Buzz did not see Zyn, but it shows Midi through port 0 and my soundcard's
midi out. I selected the through port and used qjackctl to connect it to
Zyn.

Do you have snd_seq_midi module loaded?

Tommi