Re: [linux-audio-user] Music made with Linux

From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jan 14 2006 - 20:47:27 EET

On 1/14/06, Jan Depner <eviltwin69@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> I wrote this about a week after the storm. Later my daughter worked
> on the melody and a bit on the lyrics. It was recorded in Ardour
> (qjackctl/JACK), mastered with JAMin, and trimmed with Audacity. It's
> in mp3 for my poor benighted Windoze using friends.
>
> It is dedicated to Sam who didn't die in the lower ninth ward but in
> Pass Christian, MS with his two year old son.
>
> http://myweb.cableone.net/eviltwin69/katrina.mp3
>

> --
> Jan 'Evil Twin' Depner
> The Fuzzy Dice

Hey Jan,
   Good stuff. Thanks for sharing the music. It's great to know that
after all the horror or Katrina and how much it's effected folks in
your area that you're still in the game. Very cool.

   How did you record the acoustic/classical guitar? Where's you place
the mic/mics? I like the sound of that instrument a lot.

Cheers,
Mark