Re: [linux-audio-user] Music made with Linux

From: Jan Depner <eviltwin69@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jan 17 2006 - 03:17:29 EET

On Tue, 2006-01-17 at 09:54 +1100, Conrad Parker wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 16, 2006 at 04:33:39PM -0600, Jan Depner wrote:
> >
> > Speaking of which, how could I mark the song as licensed under
> > Creative Commons non-commercial/attribution license. I have no idea how
> > to place that in the id3 tag or anywhere else.
>
> Creative Commons have the basic info about this here:
>
> http://creativecommons.org/technology/mp3
>
> Some tools for manipulating ID3 tags are listed on freshmeat:
>
> http://freshmeat.net/search/?q=id3
>
> For oggs:
>
> http://creativecommons.org/technology/ogg
>
> A bit more detail:
>
> http://blog.kfish.org/creativecommons/ogg-tagging.html
>
> cheers,
>
> Conrad.

    Ah ha! I finally got it. In order to label it this way I had to
force the use of id3v2 for mp3 (it's much easier in ogg). Since I'm
using lame to encode I had to use the id3v2 options. I have replaced
the file with one that is labeled (hopefully) correctly. All this legal
stuff is really strange - all I wanted to do was post a song ;-) Oh
well, you live and learn. BTW, even though I couldn't use the stuff on
the above pages, the links were invaluable. Thanks Conrad.

--
Jan 'Evil Twin' Depner
The Fuzzy Dice