[linux-audio-user] x86_64 and ingo's realtime patches, works?

From: Loki Davison <loki.davison@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jan 18 2006 - 00:52:35 EET

Has anyone actually got this working? If so how and with what
settings? I've got 2.6.15 with patch-2.6.15-rt2 to compile fine and
boot but the irq handlers seem to use 90% of cpu and the system really
feels like it's chugging, everything takes 10 to 100 times longer to
load, and anything musical is impossible. I'm running amd64 3000 on an
ati chipset based mb. All normal modules, nothing external. I've tried
with a number of older kernels / patches but i'm wondering if there is
a magic collection that actually works. ;-)

Loki