Re: [linux-audio-user] Homemade music

From: Thorsten Wilms <t_w_@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jan 19 2006 - 16:44:31 EET

On Tue, Jan 17, 2006 at 07:15:56PM -0700, Steve D wrote:

> OGG format:
> http://www.xscd.com/pub/music/audio/ogg/thorsten-wilms-and-steve-doonan_gnomes.ogg
>
> MP3 format:
> http://www.xscd.com/pub/music/audio/mp3/thorsten-wilms-and-steve-doonan_gnomes.mp3

So I listened to it on my brother's pc with bad speakers due to my alsa breakage ...
brought a smile to my face right away. It's quite sweet, more so than I would
have dared to make it, but I like it very much :D
It's very fluid, airy, joyful. At places I would have liked a more strict rhythmical
alignment, but perhaps that would have been harmful (and hard to do).
The part after the break, about 1:15 is especialy nice. You picked up the build-up
/roll before the break to silence very well, respect!
I think the flute gets a bit in the way of the fade out, but i'm nitpicking now.
It's great. Don't listen to a glass half empty person too much ;)

Steve, I would love to see this added to ccmixter.org. Best with your parts also
in separate files added to the mix (additional files can be 'associated' with an
upload afterwards). All the empty 'I sampled this' fields on my page there look
so sad ;) If you can't be bothered to create an account there, i could pick up
your files as you make them avalibale and put them there myself, giving you all
due credit, of course. But I will respect it, should you not want that at all
without bad feelings.

http://ccmixter.org/media/files/thorwil/3566

It would generaly be cool, to see more free/open music made with free/open
tools up there.

> Best wishes all, and Thorsten, thank you for this enjoyable Internet
> collaboration, although I have no idea if you will like what I have done
> to your track. ;-)

Hey, I thank you, Steve, for taking one part and delivering back a most enjoyable
whole :)

Best,
Thorsten W