Re: [linux-audio-user] DR-880 problems with USB MIDI

From: Tomislav Tomasic <domain.admin@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jan 20 2006 - 22:18:05 EET

Quoting Clemens Ladisch <clemens@email-addr-hidden>:

> Tomislav Tomasic wrote:
>> Quoting Clemens Ladisch <clemens@email-addr-hidden>:
>> > Any recent distribution should automatically load USB driver.
>> > Which one are you using? Did you compile your own kernel?
>>
>> I use Slackware 10.1. And yes I compiled my own kernel with ALSA
>> as a module.
>
> Which ALSA version? (see /proc/asound/version)

I nailed it, Clemens. Thnx a bunch.
I did cat /proc/asound/version and found out that
I use alsa 1.0.6 that I compiled with my kernel.

I thought I was using v 1.0.10 which I installed
via slapt-get without problems.

I removed the .tgz alsa packages and did a "make uninstall"
on the alsa 1.0.10 sources, restarted and recompiled the 1.0.10
driver, libs, oss and utils. Now the DR-880 gets recognized
no problem.

Allright. I am mucho happy. Thank you, Clemens I owe you one.

Stay well,

Tomislav.