Re: [linux-audio-user] Anyone tried JackLab?

From: Michael Bohle <core@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jan 21 2006 - 13:36:08 EET

Hi Sean
I think there are many people interested but most of of the list members
has their wonderfull LAsystems so there is no need to change.

But - there are are some good reasons to take a look into openSUSE JAD.
Allmost every typical SuSE proAudio problem is left behind with the jad2
kernel - MusE, Rosegarden and Ardour and many more apps running
perfectly and at last I made yesterday a first session with NINJAM
(www.ninjam.com). openSUSE JAD aims to be the userfriendliest linux
audio system ever, with the wonderfull graphical YAST for
configuration...

There is now a lot of proAudio software, the fast kernel and a small but
growing community around.

The story behind is maybe a bit funny: i was not able to use
multimonitor support and initialising my audiocard (dsp2000) in debian
(DeMuDi) -but suse was working with all my hardware.
So I decided - maybe it is easier to screw up SUSE to a DAW.
Now this idea is growing up and we have found methods to share this with
you. In this early version we work with apt4rpm for distribution.

But now we are want to rent a rootserver, so we are able to make a YAST
compatible repository and all software maintained by JackLab will be
integrated in the next releases of SL-OSS, I think in 10.2.

I hope for the LAC (as far as they accept our "answer") I can bring a
first CD (image) with a very slim openSUSE JAD preview

Hope I see you as an early adaptor ;)

Michael