[linux-audio-user] Re: [Alsa-user] M-audio USB audio devices

From: Alexandre Ratchov <alex-contact@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jan 23 2006 - 17:09:03 EET

On Mon, Jan 23, 2006 at 03:35:59PM +0100, chgans@email-addr-hidden wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Does anyone use an M-audio device like MobilePre or FastTrack with success?
>
> I've read in some archives that some peoples have try to use them, but i have
> not find any clear feedback.
> Some talks about firmware loading, others talks about usb compliance problem...
>
> I plan to use it with a laptop shipped with Debian/DeMudi with custom recent
> kernel (>2.6.9).
>
> So if there is anybody outhere that is happy with its M-audio MobilePre or
> FastTrack, please let me know.
>
> regards,
> Christian
>
> PS: I am looking for a "cheap" USB audio interface in which i can plug a
> guitar or a bass and a stereo microphone (for percussion or acoustic
> guitar). I can easily buy m-audio devices, but the vendor doesn't have
> (many) edirol devices...

hello,

i've just bought the mobilepre; it is "usb audio class" compliant and
works on linux 2.6 and BSD.

i didn't have enough time to test everything. This evening i'll have more
time to play with it. Feel free to contact me if you have specific questions
and/or if you want me to check something for you.

regards,

--
Alexandre