[linux-audio-user] Filtering out distortion?

From: Alex Polite <notmyprivateemail@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jan 24 2006 - 15:44:13 EET

Hi.

I'm an old hand at linux but I'm just starting out with audio editing.

I have an interview that was recorded with the "recording level" set
just at tad to high. When the speaker is talking loud the sound gets
distrorted.

I realize that there is no way of completely getting rid of this after
the fact (next time I'll set the recording level a bit lower). But
maybe there's some digital magic that will reduce the distortion a
bit.

alex

--
Alex Polite