Re: [linux-audio-user] Xi instruments

From: Kai Vehmanen <kvehmanen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jan 24 2006 - 23:30:30 EET

Hi,

On Wed, 11 Jan 2006, Dave Phillips wrote:
>> I had a great time with soundtracker and used it a lot in the past, but
>> the fact that it doesn't support jack (at least not reliably) kind of
>> discourage its use...
> Kai Vehmanen wrote a patch that gave it rudimentary JACK capability, but I
> think the patch won't work with current JACK versions. Don't quote me on
> that, I haven't tested it recently. Maybe Kai can be persuaded to update it
> for Yury ?

the patch should still work (in fact I just recompiled 0.6.7 and seems to
work just fine). The transport support is not really fully functional, and
there's room for improvement in the audio part as well (especially it
would be nice to route different channels to separate JACK ports), but it
does at least compile. :)

... testing Yury's st-gtk2 snapshot still on the personal todo-list.

--
  links, my public keys, etc at http://eca.cx/kv