[linux-audio-user] Still some issue with Edirol UA25

From: Christian Gagneraud <chgans@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jan 25 2006 - 03:03:05 EET

Hi,

I have fixed the two preceding problems discussed on alsa-user mailing
list (1: "advanced mode" switch on lead to card not recognized. 2: lot
of clip/distortion on output).
These problems was solved by updating alsa kernel modules and alsa lib
to 1.0.10.

I'm am using ardour with jamin as insert on the output master track.

And now, i'm facing a new issue, i get sometimes (often) lot of xruns,
leading jack to stop and ardour/jamin to crash!

jack says:
Lot of messages like:
**** alsa_pcm: xrun of at least 0.029 msecs
and finally:
jackd watchdog: timeout - killing jackd

Jamin says:
zombified - calling shutdown handler

Ardour says nothing.

I get only this behaviour when puting jamin as an insert on out master
track in ardour. When removing the insert i can get all the stuff
working well.

Before switching to this external USB sound card, i was able to play my
ardour project (with the jamin insert) without problems... (built in
ugly PCI sound card)

I guess, jack get lot of overruns mainly because of the USB, but i'm not
sure at all...

Does anyone know some nice jack parameters that suits the use of such an
external sound card?

Regards,
Christian