[linux-audio-user] FLAC in OGG?

From: mlang <mlang@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jan 25 2006 - 02:23:47 EET

Hi.

I am wondering, there is a way to either save FLAC data as "native"
FLAC format, or in a OGG container. Is there any advantage
to using OGG over the native format? Why would one want to
use ogg containers instead?

And, a somewhat unrelated question, I am looking for a reliable way
to automatically remove leading and trailing silents from
FLAC files. Does such a tool exist? It would be able to be used
in a batch mode, I am talking several thousand files here, which is
nothing I'd like to do with anything GUIish...

--
CYa,
  Mario