[linux-audio-user] Help with fst-1.6, error on config

From: Josh Lawrence <hardbop200@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jan 26 2006 - 05:35:39 EET

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to install fst-1.6 on my Ubuntu machine. I've installed
the latest Wine from an Ubuntu package from the WineHQ site, and did
not compile it from source. When I run the configure program, I get
this error:

checking for winedef.h header...configure: error: Could not include
the Wine headers (winedef.h)

I'm curious as to why this is happening. Could it be that, because I
didn't compile it from source, that winedef.h is somehow not included
in my package? Or do I simply need to "point" the configure program
to where winedef.h is located? I'm a little lost here, and so I don't
really know where to start. I'm running a slow laptop (PIII 700 Mhz),
so if I can get away with not having to compile Wine from source, I
would be relieved. :)

If I've neglected to give you any information that you need, please
let me know. Thanks for your help.

Josh

--
Josh Lawrence