[linux-audio-user] Re: Request for opinions on TASCAM US-224 (and US-122)

From: Björn Lindström <bkhl@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jan 26 2006 - 12:33:27 EET

"Rui Nuno Capela" <rncbc@email-addr-hidden> writes:

> I guess thats what stands for a control surface, something that the
> US-122 hardly is at all. Phantom power is the only real decisive
> option on the US-122. The US-224 really lacks that 48V
> supply--mostly because it does already so much with stand-alone USB
> power :)

Thanks for all the good input. The US-224 seems like a good choice.

I might still go for the US-122, though, since I might want to use it
for linguistic fieldwork as well as music. (For that the smaller size
and the phantom power will come in handy.)

In any case, I can make an informed choice now. Thanks again.