[linux-audio-user] snd-usb-audio; Lexicon Omega USB: "no mixer elems found"

From: Jerome Tuncer <columbiatwo@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jan 26 2006 - 15:49:31 EET

Hi list,

I have this Lexicon Omega Studio USB soundcard
(http://www.lexiconpro.com/Omega/index.asp).

I'm on Debian testing/unstable, kernel 2.6.15. The snd-usb-audio from
ALSA loads when I plug the card. I modified /etc/modprobe.d/sound to
look like:

alias snd-card-0 snd-intel8x0
options snd-intel8x0 index=0

alias snd-card-1 snd-usb-audio
options snd-usb-audio index=1

So that my USB device driver loads as a secondary soundcard.

The Lexicon Omega seems to be recognized by my system as it shows up in
menus of alsa compatible apps. Nevertheless it outputs no sound.

When I try to run $ alsamixer -c 1 it says "No mixer elems found"

Anyone has a clue?

Do these mixer elems have to be created?

I just feel it's going to work and it's even close from working (-:

++