[linux-audio-user] 2.6.15 alsa problem

From: David Baron <d_baron@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jan 26 2006 - 21:30:44 EET

Also a problem in 2.6.14. I am not using udev or devfs but have explicitely
created /dev nodes (old fashioned way and far far too many entries, but ...
always worked before).

Newer kernels boot with many undefines. They seem to correspond to stuff in
the sound core modules. Do I now need to explicitely load these or
soundcore.ko on boot up (i.e. placing them in /etc/modules--somewhere along
the line, snd_seq_midi had to be placed there!). Anybody doing this? (Guess
it wouldn't hurt to try it.)