Re: [linux-audio-user] Straw Poll: External MIDI

From: Laura Conrad <lconrad@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jan 28 2006 - 16:52:22 EET

>>>>> "th" == tim hall <tech@email-addr-hidden> writes:

    th> I am also interested to hear from people who don't use MIDI at
    th> all or have a specific reason not to configure it. (other than
    th> simply hating the medium. ;)

I don't use external MIDI because I don't have the space to set up a
keyboard next to my computer. By all accounts from people who do,
transcribing music by entering the pitch on a MIDI keyboard with the
right hand and the timing with the left hand on a computer keyboard is
the most efficient way to do it, but I've never been able to set up
that way.

--
Laura (mailto:lconrad@email-addr-hidden , http://www.laymusic.org/ )
(617) 661-8097	fax: (501) 641-5011