Re: Ladspa GUIs (Was Re: [linux-audio-user] Acid type program

From: Rob <lau@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jan 28 2006 - 22:19:40 EET

On Sat January 28 2006 14:21, timg@email-addr-hidden wrote:
> I suppose that the plugins are more of what I'm talking about.

The weird, non-standard GUIs of VST plugins have always been a
pet peeve of mine. They're always either emulative of a
physical piece of equipment (which without the tactile feedback
and instant response is useless) or look like they've been
designed by a 12-year-old boy doing UI design for the first
time, or most often both.

I want my interfaces to use standard widgets so that my own
choice of desktop themes, accessibility factors, my scroll
wheel, etc. apply to them and not someone's weird bitmapped idea
of what a synth or reverb control panel is supposed to look
like.

Rob