Re: [linux-audio-user] notation

From: Hans <hansfong@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jan 29 2006 - 19:21:54 EET

Aaron wrote:

>HI all,
>I am new to the list.
>
>I am a denemo user and am curious if anyone out there is using denemo.
>If yes what version, if no have you tried it.
>
>Thanks
>Aaron

I am not. As a front-end for Lilypond I use Rosegarden. Recently I also
started using Songwrite for quickly entering some tab notation, then
exporting to Lilypond. Works good enough, apart from the rather ancient
looking GUI.

I tried Denemo briefly a long time ago, but it didn't thrill me. As a
rule, a piece of software has to appeal to me within some 5 minutes,
otherwise I don't find it worth it. Forthermore the exporting/importing
to and from Lilypond didn't go smoothly, so I gave up.

Hans