Re: [linux-audio-user] Some various questions about system configuration..

From: tim hall <tech@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Feb 02 2006 - 17:12:49 EET

On Wednesday 01 February 2006 21:31, Dana Olson was like:
> Well, last I heard from Free (a couple days ago), he was pretty much
> the only one working on DeMuDi, and he had been working on uploading
> his DeMuDi packages back into Debian and coordinating with the other
> package maintainers. If the project really was alive and well, and the
> future really was certain, I don't understand the moves. It doesn't
> make sense to me that it is just coincidental timing.

It has always been the intention (and practice) to cycle packages back into
the main Debian repositories. Ubuntu does this too, does it not? Yes, the
timing of Junichi Uekawa's support to do this was serendipitous, to say the
least. Plan B for DeMuDi has always been to re-integrate into Debian if it
became necessary, or in fact, ideally if multimedia packages become possible
to run on a vanilla install. This latter option would count as a major
success.

It is largely because of the work of the DeMuDi project over the last four
years that Debian is now seen as a serious platform for multimedia
activities. A large amount of that credit has to go to Free, for sure. I
don't see anyone bottling out, just a change in infrastructure to cope with
the lack of immediate funding.

DeMuDi needs a big Granny Weatherwax style sign up saying "I ATEN'T DEAD!"

--
cheers,
tim hall