Re: [linux-audio-user] More music

From: Q <qb@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Feb 05 2006 - 23:16:23 EET

Folderol wrote:

>OK, I guess it's put-up or shut-up time.
>
>I've put a couple of tracks on www.folderol.ukfsn.org They are quite
>different to what I've seen on here. I hope you like them.
>
>I'll put more on when either I get a decent soundcard or can change the
>instruments to use ZynAddSubFX voices.

Thanks for sharing, I really liked them. They brought to mind early JMJ.
The percussion in The Crystal Ship could possibly be described as
sounding "cheesy" (but then so was Jarre's!) but it seems to me to fit
the music perfectly. I think more "natural" sounding percussion might
sound a little too harsh and wouldn't sit in the arrangement nearly as well.