Re: [linux-audio-user] More music

From: Folderol <folderol@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Feb 06 2006 - 21:42:07 EET

On Sun, 5 Feb 2006 20:56:08 -0600
jjbenham@email-addr-hidden (Jeremiah Benham) wrote:

> On Sun, Feb 05, 2006 at 08:14:48PM +0000, Folderol wrote:
> > OK, I guess it's put-up or shut-up time.
> >
> > I've put a couple of tracks on www.folderol.ukfsn.org They are quite
> > different to what I've seen on here. I hope you like them.
>

> The first one "Reflections" sounded like a soundtrack to some RPG game. I keep
> thinking its going to explode and become like a heavy action scene. Its
> kind of ambient or environmental in a way. That may be because of the
> reverb. Don't get me wrong it is good for what it is. Every composition
> has a time and a place where it useful. I see it as maybe a child
> dreaming or some peacefully scene at the end of a RPG of sorts of
> something.

That's an interesting thought. I tend to think of most of stuff as easy
listening. I'm not usually comfortable with more aggressive styles, and
when I do experiment with them, it still seems to come out sort of
laid-back :-/

> The second piece "The Crystal Ship" kind of reminded me of something
> Raymond Scott would do. http://raymondscott.com/
> It is simple and has a bubbly commercial quality to it. It could be a
> commercial jingle maybe.
>
> Jeremiah

I like simple tunes :) Something you can hum along to. Sadly these are
few and far between these days. I'm convinced that it was this, more
than anything else that made the early Beatles songs so popular.