Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: Need for JACK Rack (2)?

From: Kjetil S. Matheussen <kjetil@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Feb 06 2006 - 23:04:11 EET

Loki Davison:

> On 2/6/06, leslie.polzer@email-addr-hidden <leslie.polzer@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>>
>> Hello Loki,
>>
>> On Mon, Feb 06, 2006 at 10:11:58AM +1100, Loki Davison wrote:
>>
>>> As i said originally, om is big and powerful with it's standard gui.
>>> The engine however is very light weight
>>
>> Also in terms of dependencies?
>>
>>> if it were lighter than jack rack and more stable.
>>
>> Don't forget that we are talking about a complete rewrite of JACK Rack 1
>> (which is quite stable in its own right).
>>
>> Leslie
>>
>> --
>> gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 0x52D70289
>> http://nic-nac-project.de/~skypher/
>>

>> From the om site.
>
> The Om engine (which can be built by itself) requires:
> Liblo 0.22 and above
> Jack 0.99 and above.
> And can optionally use:
> Alsa sequencer
> DSSI
> LADSPA
>
> It would also be great for overworked Dave to get some help ;-)

Sorry, thats not the complete truth. It also requires:
Gtkmm 2.4 and above.
LibGlademm 2.4 and above.
FlowCanvas

...which is only available on newer linux distributions. I once tried to
compile up gtk 2.4, but I was unable because my glibc was too old. I only
have rh8, and I don't think thats very uncommon.

Om has to work with older versions of gtk to get more users. Until then,
I don't think this software has really come out of the beta-stage yet.