Re: [linux-audio-user] Ubuntustudio + ACPI + Jack issues

From: Johannes Mario Ringheim <jri@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Feb 06 2006 - 23:23:29 EET

Lee Revell wrote:
> Try booting with ACPI enabled but kill any battery, fan, etc monitors -
> anything that seems likely to talk to ACPI. Some of those utilities are
> really braindead and poll the battery status constantly which can put
> the CPU into SMM mode which is quite bad for latency.

After disabling the xfce battery-monitor, and that's the only one I know
of, there are still error the messages from jack.

I also tried to jump over to APM, but appearently my Inspiron 8600
doesn't support it, since I get this error message in /var/log/messages:
"apm: BIOS not found." when I do "acpi=off apm=on" in the menu.lst.
Can't find anything wich smells of APM in the BIOS either, and google
can't give me a straight answer.

Thanks for your suggestions so far.

--
Ringheims Auto - Fri musikk for bilstereo!
http://ringheimsauto.1go.dk/