[linux-audio-user] Graphics card an realtime performance

From: Gerrit Niestijl <gn@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Feb 07 2006 - 18:54:30 EET

Hi all,

Could a better graphics card result in better realtime performance? I can
get a good realtime performance on my box (buffersize 64 and less) but
when using X some display activity seems to cause xruns. E.g sooperlooper
is far more usable without it's gui.

This is on a pentium3 600Mhz PC, running gentoo kernel 2.6.14 with rt22
patch applied. I also prioritize the irq's as documented on this list. The
graphics card is a Nvidia Vanta LT with 16 Mb memory.

Any thoughts?

--
regards,
gerrit