[linux-audio-user] Xruns at the end of a take

From: Ruben Lopez <rl1205@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Feb 07 2006 - 23:57:55 EET

I'm still fairly new to Linux audio and trying to understand things like Xruns, but I've got Ardour (0.99) working and am able to record tracks from Hydrogen. But at the end of every take, I get a single Xrun - "XRUN callback (1) - alsa_pcm:xrun of at least 2.026 msecs". I only get this when I stop recording, never during the take, and I only get one right around 2.0x ms. I've raised the latency but it I still get the Xrun every time I stop the transport. Now I've learned that Xruns are a bad thing, but since I am getting it when I stop the transport, does that mean that the recorded tracks should be good... or do all Xruns happen at the end of a take?

Ruben