Re: [linux-audio-user] rosegarden+dssi

From: Nigel Henry <cave.dnb@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Feb 08 2006 - 15:07:45 EET

On Wednesday 08 February 2006 09:55, emanuele ..:: www.rumoridifondo.com ::..
wrote:
> i've installed on my mandriva rosegarden by urpmi. but it seems that it
> hasn't dssi support. do i have to recompile it or there's some files to
> configure?
>
> emanuele

H Emanuele. I don't remember a problem in setting up Rosegarden to use DSSI
plugins. You obviously need the packages "dssi" and "dssi-dev" installed on
the machine. Also some dssi plugins. For instance. Hexter, Xsynth, and
fluidsynth-dssi.

Then it was a matter of going to Composition/Studio/Manage Synth Plugins (the
icon for which should be on the toolbar) , and adding your plugins on each
line there using the line's browser. After doing that just left click and
hold on the first untitled line on the sequencer, choose "Synth Plugin" off
the menu, you should get alist of your loaded plugins.

BTW. This is on Fedora Core 2. Nigel.