Re: [linux-audio-user] xjadeo on Ubuntu Linux

From: Johannes Mario Ringheim <jri@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Feb 09 2006 - 17:07:13 EET

Hector Centeno-Garcia wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm trying to build xjadeo and configuration stops with this error:
>
> checking for avcodec_init in -lavformat... no configure: error: ***
> VIDEO: You need libavcodec-dev installed. ***
> The development libraries for libavcodec and libavformat are both
> installed.
> I tryed uninstalling the Ubuntu packages and building my own ffmpeg from
> CVS and still I get the same error.
> Any help would be highly appreciated!! xjadeo is the only answer for
> syncing video and audio on Linux. Thanks to Luis Garrido for his work!

Seems to be a good answer aswell, if one could only get it working ;)

What I did: First, hooked up the official deb repository of xjadeo:
http://xjadeo.sourceforge.net/ . Then I did NOT install xjadeo, but a
package called libavcodeccvs from the xjadeo repository. This eliminated
the compile-error, wich was the same for me as yours. I guess xjadeo is
picky on versions of deps installed.

But:

After having encoded the mpeg-file i'm trying with mencoder, as
described in the xjadeo README, I only get a blank window. The output is:

------------
djauto@email-addr-hidden:~/skjer$ sudo xjadeo yomtv.avi &
[3] 12417
djauto@email-addr-hidden:~/skjer$ Input #0, avi, from 'yomtv.avi':
   Duration: 00:04:44.0, start: 0.000000, bitrate: 2945 kb/s
   Stream #0.0, 29.97 fps(r): Video: mpeg4, yuv420p, 352x240
original frame rate: 29.97
length in seconds: 284
total frames: 8511

...so everything should be ok, no? Can someone help us further? Does
it work for you, Hector?

--
Ringheims Auto - Fri musikk for bilstereo!
http://ringheimsauto.1go.dk/