Re: [linux-audio-user] External Midi through Alsa from Wine

From: Brent Busby <brent@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Feb 10 2006 - 18:05:54 EET

On Fri, Feb 10, 2006 at 10:36:36AM +0100, Clemens Ladisch wrote:
> Brent Busby wrote:
> > What is needed to get Midi talking to Wine? The Delta 1010 does show
> > up in both the IN and the OUT pulldowns -- it simply freezes if I try
> > to select it in the IN one.
>
> Does it work with a pure software device like the through port that you
> get after loading snd-seq-dummy?

Yes, I tested that yesterday. I can select the Midi through, and I can
select the Delta 1010 provided I'm selecting it for OUT. The Delta
shows up in the menus for IN, but if I choose it there, the program can
then only be killed with SIGKILL or SIGINT.

--
+ Brent A. Busby,   UNIX Systems Admin	 +   "It's like being	+
+ James Franck / Enrico Fermi Institute	 +    blindsided by a	+