Re: [linux-audio-user] Learning to use a tracker

From: Dave Phillips <dlphillips@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Feb 11 2006 - 00:42:18 EET

tim hall wrote:

>On Friday 10 February 2006 21:22, Jeremiah Benham was like:
>

>>I am sorry for the stupid question but I am interested in learning to
>>use a tracker. [snip]
>>

>Well, if it's docs you want:
>http://www.agnula.org/documentation/dp_tutorials/soundtracker/
>The principles probably apply to other species too.

I appreciate the link, but I'd suggest heading over to the United
Trackers site and checking out the tutorial material there

    http://www.united-trackers.org/

Jeremiah, here's a breakdown for you:

    seq24 - loop-based MIDI sequencer
    Rosegarden, MusE - track-based MIDI sequencers
    SoundTracker, Cheesetracker, SkaleTracker - native Linux
sample-based trackers
    KMidiTracker, ShakeTracker - hybrid MIDI/tracker architectures
    Buzz - Windows tracker-on-steroids that runs under WINE

All have their purposes and best applications. I love tracking, but I
haven't kept up with it since Michael Krause left off development of
SoundTracker.

You might also check out this page:

    http://linux-sound.org/mod.html

Best,