Re: [linux-audio-user] Tube preamp emulation + tone controls, no drive

From: Reuben Martin <reuben.m@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Feb 11 2006 - 03:38:48 EET

On 2/10/06, BJaY <BJaY@email-addr-hidden-mail.net> wrote:
> Hi,
> I was using Tube preamp emulation + tone controls as part of my guitar set
> up but I can't get any meaty drive out of it any more. I just did a
> re-install from fc3 to fc4 planet ccrma. I run the pluggin in jack-rack,
> connected directly to the inputs. I have a meter on the same input and the
> signal seems hot. I had a lead sound with the gain setting at about 8 but
> now even on 10, I just get a slight crunch. Anybody got and suggestions ?

If you want lots of crunch, run the singnal through the "Barry's Satan
Maximizer" plugin, followed by the fast-lookahead limiter before you
send it to the preamp-emulator plugins. For added effect you can place
a valve saturation plugin between the limiter and preamp as well.

Be careful how hard you push the maximizer, it only takes a little to
get a very dramatic effect.

-Reuben