Re: [linux-audio-user] Learning to use a tracker

From: Reuben Martin <reuben.m@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Feb 11 2006 - 03:52:21 EET

On 2/10/06, Dave Phillips <dlphillips@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> Kjetil S. Matheussen wrote:
>

> > Dave Phillips:
> >
> >> seq24 - loop-based MIDI sequencer
> >> Rosegarden, MusE - track-based MIDI sequencers
> >> SoundTracker, Cheesetracker, SkaleTracker - native Linux
> >> sample-based trackers
> >> KMidiTracker, ShakeTracker - hybrid MIDI/tracker architectures
> >> Buzz - Windows tracker-on-steroids that runs under WINE
> >

> > Let me also add radium, http://www.notam02.no/radium/
> > (hmm, I should get a more impressive screen-shot for the front-page...)

If you like the old school style of trackers you might want to check
out schism. It's an Impulse tracker clone for *nix that uses the
modplug engine. Be sure to get the latest CVS, the latest release was
quite a long time ago and there has been an incredible amount of work
done to it since then.

http://rigelseven.com/schism/

-Reuben