[linux-audio-user] More music

From: Steve D <groups@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Feb 13 2006 - 02:49:21 EET

A few weeks ago I posted a recording of a piece for piano I was
composing:

Arabesque 1, for piano (work in progress)
http://www.xscd.com/pub/music/audio/ogg/arabesque1.ogg

At that time there was little but one primary melodic/harmonic motive. I
have since fleshed-out and completed the piece:

Arabesque 1, for piano (complete/final)
OGG:
http://www.xscd.com/pub/music/audio/ogg/steve-doonan_arabesque-1.ogg
MP3:
http://www.xscd.com/pub/music/audio/mp3/steve-doonan_arabesque-1.mp3

Recorded in one uninterrupted (no punch-ins/punch-outs) "take" (out of
many failed attempts with one or two mistakes ;-) into Ardour at 48,000
sample rate, mastered through Jamin the output of which was recorded
back into Ardour, then exported as a .wav at 41,000 sample rate with
"shaped noise" dither, encoded with lame (mp3) and oggenc (ogg).

Ardour and Jamin--what great software.

Steve D
New Mexico, US

The three things every person needs, gay or straight, are to be
a realist about themselves, an optimist about what life can
bring them, and willing to take what they're handed and make it
work.  -Krikit