[linux-audio-user] alsa-seq. does not start

From: Mehmet Okonsar <okonsar@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Feb 15 2006 - 12:29:47 EET

I wasn't able to follow the documentation on the net about my problem:
======================
I installed Debian testing with kernel 2.6.12 on my notebook Asus5N
which has a AC97 chip.
Alsa seems to run well, it does make noises, but no midi app can start.
They all gives the message "seq. did not start" or similar..

Is there somewhere a simple (very simple..) tutorial on how to enable
alsa-seq on Deb. I do not know how to compile it, it is probably
installed without seq. enabled.. (just a blind guess)
how to load a wavetable noise-making soft
how to load a simple midi player and
how to get (more or less ugly) sounds out of my notebook..
many thanks

Best regards,
Mehmet Okonşar, pianist-composer
www.okonsar.com