Re: [linux-audio-user] ingo molnar patch on mandriva's kernel

From: Peder Hedlund <peder@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Feb 15 2006 - 13:46:55 EET

> my problems are not in recording audio or playing external midi
> equipment but in playing soft-synth. for example if run the 3rd patch of
> hexter (FatThinE.P.) at 32notes of poliphony or the patch "The master"
> of LMMS i got a lot of xrun.

 What kind of hardware do you have?
 Have you set up Jack to use realtime? You should see a faint yellow
 RT in the qjackctl window.

> where can i download the -ck patchset?

 It's here: http://members.optusnet.com.au/ckolivas/kernel/
 but I doubt it'll patch cleanly against Mandrivas kernel.

 I'd go for the latest 2.6.14 (think it's .6) and get the latest
 Ingo patch for that kernel (2.6.15 requires a new udev so that
 might not be the easiest kernel to get to work in Mandriva).

 - Peder