Re: [linux-audio-user] 2.6.15.4, realtime-lsm, jackd -R,

From: Frank Barknecht <fbar@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Feb 15 2006 - 23:32:16 EET

Hallo,
Paul Davis hat gesagt: // Paul Davis wrote:

> set_rtlimits, as i understand it, doesn't run its child process with RT
> scheduling, it makes it possible for its child (and grandchildren etc.)
> to successfully ask for RT scheduling.

Well, not it's grandchildren, at least not in my tests. If I put only
/usr/bin/jackd in /etc/set_rtlimits.conf, then start "set_rtlimits -r
/usr/bin/jackd -R -d alsa -d hw:0", jackd runs with higher priority.
However if I then start ardour, it complains about not being able to
gain RT scheduling.

The fix for me is, to also add /usr/bin/ardour to
/etc/set_rtlimits.conf, and then start ardour as: "set_rtlimits -r
/usr/bin/ardour" after jackd.

Ciao